One of the challenges of owning a dog is to travel with your comic companion. There are problems when traveling with any breed, but the Boston Terriers come with a range of special needs that need to be addressed when making long trips. There are many ways, many tools, methods and techniques used to manage travel by car with a Boston terrier. Some work better than others. Now how do you get the best results?
Understanding and preparing is definitely the key. In the same way, the real key to getting good results with traveling with your Boston terrier is to know a lot more about what works and prepare properly before traveling.
Here are 5 tips for easy car travel with Boston Terrier:
1. Take Boston for a long walk before getting into the car.Just why is this important? Boston dogs are inherently dynamic and can be bored and moody when they should be kept for a long time. This is aggravated if they do not have a chance to have a proper "break" (which you know means many times, if you already own Boston). Make sure your friend has time to roam and do business before a long car trip. What exactly happens when you follow this advice? You can be sure that Boston will sleep for a long period of the trip and will be comfortable until the first scheduled rest stops.
2. Bring a dish full of ice instead of a bowl of water. Water tends to spill during the ride, but it is essential for Boston to get cool fresh water at all times, especially if you are traveling during the summer months. Ice actually helps because the Boston Terriers are brashifalic (meaning they have a short line) and are very vulnerable to high temperatures. Cold water will help your pet regulate its body temperature on a hot day.
3. Put shades in car windows. Again, the main reason for this is the Boston Trier heat intolerance. While you may notice that your friend is attracted to sunlight on the floor of the living room, it is very important to have a shaded place in his position .. It is also a good idea because Boston has very wonderful coats and are at high risk of sunburn if exposed to direct sunlight for too long.
4. Have a comfortable car bed. Why is this a good idea? Car seats are formed for the convenience of human buttocks, not for the comfort of our dog friends. With seat belts and stitching in strange places, it can be very uncomfortable for your dog on a long journey .. any other reason? Depending on the color of your interior car, the seats (and seatbelts) can become very hot – enough to burn Boston. Having a special bed for your comedian eliminates this danger.
5. Take breaks every 2-3 hours. This will be important because of what? Just like people, dogs need to take a break every time. In a long walk, Boston can become as uncomfortable and uncomfortable as possible. What other important reasons? It is not healthy or comfortable for your dog to "keep" for long periods of time. If you notice that your dog drinks lots of iced water, you may need to stop a lot. Who is good? If you need to go, they may.
Last word for advice: Do not leave your Boston Terrier in the car on a warm or sunny day. Even on a cold day, the temperature inside the car can rise 30 degrees in less than 15 minutes, which can have deadly consequences for your mobile pet.
When you follow these five tips carefully, you should expect to get a happy and comfortable adventure when the road starts with the Boston Terrier.